From Planet Bharatmedia
20:00, Tuesday, 03 2022 May IST
Latest tech news from the Bharatmedia technical team. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- Planet Bharatmedia was introduced to share technical updates, news, bug reports and monthly maintenance activities.
Changes performed last month
- The latest stable version of the software was installed on all Bharatmedia projects.
- The domain for Bharatpedia has been changed from ccTLD to gTLD: The site now can be accessed from bharatpedia.org as the primary domain and bharatpedia.org.in will work as 301 redirect.
- The logo and favicon for all projects were modified/updated.
- CentralAuth extension was installed on Bharatpedia and it's sister projects for global login: Users can now log in to all Bharatpedia languages at once.
- Five additional languages were introduced: Bharatpedia is now also available in Bhojpuri, Hinglish, Marathi, Sanskrit and Tamil.
- Meta project was introduced for technical help/report, suggestions and central login. Users can now report any technical issue on any Bharatmedia project and suggest any improvements. User can also use meta:special:UserLogin to log in globally.
- Bharatdata has been updated and linked to all projects. User can interlink articles using Wikibase system on Bharatdata.org.
- The Libera Chat network has been introduced in which Bharatpedians can engage in real-time discussions with each other. See for more.
- The developers are working on launching Android mobile app.
- Bharatmedia Store will be introduced in which visitors and Bharatpedians can send gifts to their favorite contributor.
- A platform to upload and store files will be created.